They think that we have these ticks. That we're all borderline hoarders. That we can't leave the house unless every detail fits into our outfit just so. And they're probably right. Here are a couple of crazy things I've heard/seen (or admittedly said/done) in the past month...
- Squeal from the fitting room when they realize the dress they just tried on has pockets.
- "I can't wait until fall! I love layering!" (Quickly followed by a rush of "Me too!"s.)
- Keep a journal of every outfit they've ever worn. So they don't ever repeat their outfit. Ever.
- Tear off their clothes to quckly try on items in the middle of the aisle at a crowded sample sale.
- (Entering a clothing store) "I haven't been here in over a week!"
Then again, we let boys strip half-naked and paint their bodies -- screaming at the top of their lungs and jumping up and down in some ancient ritual -- to celebrate their infatuation with a bunch of dudes tossing around a pigskin.
Let's just call it even. ;)